Saturday 16 August 2008

Raw Diet Day 4

I finished off my last tin of tomatoes at breakfast this morning, and also got to the last two slices of bread. I will treat this as an omen and switch to a raw breakfast, given that the raw lunches seem to be working at the moment. I can't bring myself to give up my bacon and eggs yet - but I will have them accompanied by something like raw cabbage. I think I will have to be a bit creative here. I am getting to quite like raw cabbage but it may be a bit too much to have it for breakfast and dinner. Today has been interesting. I have done my usual raw food lunch and basically forgotten all about eating the rest of the day. Just as I was about to go home when one of my workmates asked me to get her a bar of chocolate to get her through working late. When I handed it over she quite naturally offered me a piece. I found that I really did not want it, even though this 5.30pm and I hadn't eaten a thing since lunchtime. I found the idea of something as sweet as chocolate in my mouth quite unappealing. Bear in mind I was tucking into and thoroughly enjoying a jam donut and home made cakes just a few days before. I won't read too much into this as I am still a long way from even getting onto a serious raw diet yet, but I do find it interesting that I seem to be losing my sugar cravings. I had better qualify that by saying that I tend not to crave sugar that much anyway, so I it may not have anything like that effect on someone else, and it may just be a flook for me. Got home to a huge, and I mean huge plate of chicken and rice. I have a bit of a problem when it comes to leaving food once it has been served up so I faithfully chomped through the lot. Although I didn't get indigestion or anything, I did find it hard to sleep. I now weigh 13 stone 8 and a quarter. I think the first firm conclusion that I can draw is that incorporating large amounts of raw food into a conventional diet does not lead to an immediate weight loss. I am feeling a bit more energetic, but not a huge amount and it might well be psychological. I am ready to up the ante and make my diet still more raw....

No comments: