Wednesday 9 July 2008

Number of Blogs

My aim is to have 20 blogs on the go at once. Monitor the progress and drop any that aren't working. If I have an idea I will kill a blog to make space for it. I don't know if 20 is the right number. I have a full time job and a big project outside work that absorbs a lot of time so I may be giving myself too much blogging to do and would do better to cut the number down. Twenty was pretty arbitrary. I listened to a podcast from Darren Rowse last night in which he said that he got to 30 before cutting down to 2. I will have to keep an eye on this. At the moment I have 8 blogs up on Blogger and plenty of ideas for more. All of them are currently getting the level of attention from me that I think they deserve. I won't be able to keep up the equal time for all of them for much longer, but that is okay because that is part of the learning experience. They are all quite different and my future ideas are all pretty distinct too. If I can reach twenty genuinely different blog ideas that is in itself a bit of an achievement, so I will stick at it for now.

No comments: